Thursday 16 October 2014

It's been a little while now and everything still seems calm.

Any day now the dam is going to break and the nightmares will rush forth, but for now I can lie happily on the grass, stare up at the sky and let all the pain, suffering and Fear stuck behind the dam float out of my mind.

Let me tell you about the happy things.

My friends.

My love.

My family.

My school.

My home.

My dreams.

My life.

One thing I don't have to worry about. When the dark comes I will lose many of these things, but not all.

In the end I will undoubtedly lose my home and be forced to leave my school.

My dreams will no longer be places of sanctuary, but the first casualty in their war against me.

In the end I may lose my life.

I will never lose my love, I will never lose my family and I will never lose my friends.

This I know, because my family has stood for a long time against the darkness and will not falter now.

My love was once one with the darkness and still holds it's power.

My friends have fought the darkness before many times and won in the end and will continue to do so forever after.

I think in this case I will start by telling you about my school. The most innocuous of starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment